redcloth / textile : preventing characters from being converted

Kevin McConnell

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this - it might really be a
textile question, I'm not sure.

Am I correct in thinking that, text that is indented and enclosed
between HTML tags, should be unaltered by RedCloth?

My problem is that I'm using RedCloth to convert a file of textile
markup which also contains some CSS styles defined in the <HEAD>. I
thought that, as long as the CSS text was indented, then RedCloth
wouldn't touch it. However, it still converts straight quotation marks
to the nicer-looking (but apparently not valid CSS) curly ones.

I get the feeling I may just be going about this wrong, so any tips
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin