RMagick 1.6.1 available at RubyForge

Tim Hunter

11/16/2004 11:33:00 PM

As I promised, I've uploaded a new release of RMagick to RubyForge. RMagick
1.6.1 contains the changes necessary for it to work with ImageMagick 6.1.3
and later. I've tested it with 6.1.4-3.

Check it out, and please report problems.
20 Answers

thomas p.

> On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:38:10 -0700 (PDT),NeoLibertarian
>> <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
>> <6a7dcdd4-0515-4fb2-8de0-803eeda06...@x3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >We're specifically discussing the right to life of human beings.
>>
>> Please give me a specific reference to exactly where such a right can
>> be found. Please don't give me yet another reference to the due
>> process clause in the Constitution - it isn't there.
>
>My rights don't come from my Constitution.

Where do your rights come from? Do they exist objectively?

>--
>Neolibertarian
>
>"Global Warming: It ain't the heat, it's the stupidity."

SkyEyes

On May 25, 4:19 pm, NeoLibertarian <cognac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 25, 5:02 am, Attila <<procho...@here.now> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:38:10 -0700 (PDT),NeoLibertarian
> > <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
> > <6a7dcdd4-0515-4fb2-8de0-803eeda06...@x3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > >We're specifically discussing the right to life of human beings.
>
> > Please give me a specific reference to exactly where such a right can
> > be found.  Please don't give me yet another reference to the due
> > process clause in the Constitution - it isn't there.
>
> My rights don't come from my Constitution.

Sure they do. That's why you don't have them when, as an American,
you go to other countries. You have only the rights that the other
country's law *says* you have.

Case in point: freedom of speech. If you go to Turkey, for instance,
you don't have the right to insult someone, because they consider it
*their* right not to be insulted, never mind your American "freedom of
speech." Insulting someone in Turkey, if it doesn't get you killed,
will get you a prison sentence. You can bluster about being an
American all you want, it won't help you.

Rights accrue to us in the U.S. because we all agree that we should
have them, and have written laws to enshrine and uphold them. That's
what the abortion argument is about: some people say that women
should have the right to abort, and others say they shouldn't. The
fight will continue *at least* until the right is enshrined in the
Constitution and the Justice Department gets serious about enforcing
it.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

Don Kresch

On Thu, 26 May 2011 13:23:04 -0700 (PDT), SkyEyes <skyeyes9@cox.net>
scrawled in blood:

>On May 25, 4:19?pm, NeoLibertarian <cognac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 25, 5:02?am, Attila <<procho...@here.now> wrote:
>>
>> > On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:38:10 -0700 (PDT),NeoLibertarian
>> > <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
>> > <6a7dcdd4-0515-4fb2-8de0-803eeda06...@x3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>

>> > Please give me a specific reference to exactly where such a right can
>> > be found. ?Please don't give me yet another reference to the due
>> > process clause in the Constitution - it isn't there.
>>
>> My rights don't come from my Constitution.
>
>Sure they do. That's why you don't have them when, as an American,
>you go to other countries. You have only the rights that the other
>country's law *says* you have.

So jews had no rights in Nazi Germany? Or did they have
rights, but the Nazis just ignored them?

Your position (legal positivism). My position is the latter.
Which one of us makes more sense?

Don
aa#51, Knight of BAAWA, Jedi Slackmaster
Praise "Bob" or burn in Slacklessness trying not to.

Neolibertarian

On May 25, 10:34 pm, Attila <<procho...@here.now> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2011 16:19:05 -0700 (PDT),NeoLibertarian
> <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
> <c96ab058-beb6-4b24-9dbe-79e5e6d3c...@d28g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On May 25, 5:02 am, Attila <<procho...@here.now> wrote:
> >> On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:38:10 -0700 (PDT),NeoLibertarian
> >> <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
> >> <6a7dcdd4-0515-4fb2-8de0-803eeda06...@x3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>

> >> Please give me a specific reference to exactly where such a right can
> >> be found.  Please don't give me yet another reference to the due
> >> process clause in the Constitution - it isn't there.
>
> >My rights don't come from my Constitution.
>
> Oh?  Where do they come from?  How are they enforced?

They don't "come from."

They can be earned, but not "enforced."

At best, a law can only protect your rights. And most laws aren't very
good at that, either.

--

On May 26, 3:23 pm, SkyEyes <skyey...@cox.net> wrote:
> On May 25, 4:19 pm,NeoLibertarian<cognac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 25, 5:02 am, Attila <<procho...@here.now> wrote:
>
> > > On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:38:10 -0700 (PDT),NeoLibertarian
> > > <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
> > > <6a7dcdd4-0515-4fb2-8de0-803eeda06...@x3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>

> > > Please give me a specific reference to exactly where such a right can
> > > be found.  Please don't give me yet another reference to the due
> > > process clause in the Constitution - it isn't there.
>
> > My rights don't come from my Constitution.
>
> Sure they do.  That's why you don't have them when, as an American,
> you go to other countries.  You have only the rights that the other
> country's law *says* you have.

Countries don't "take away rights," nor do they bestow them.

You can enslave a man, but you can't take away his right to be free.

--

On May 25, 10:12 pm, Colanth <cola...@pern.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2011 07:15:03 -0500, Mitchell Holman
>
> <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >You claimed that an organism is "merely an
> >expression of its genes". Ergo, a zygote is a
> >person to the same degree that an egg is a bird.
>
> Or an acorn is an oak tree.  So why can't you get nourishment from
> boiled oak wood?

You /can/ get nourishment from an adult oak, and you don't even need
to boil it.

--
Neolibertarian

"Global Warming: It ain't the heat, it's the stupidity."

Attila <

On Thu, 26 May 2011 19:06:43 -0700 (PDT), NeoLibertarian
<cognac756@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
<d9636035-ce24-43a2-9a85-a356f996d987@r20g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>
wrote:

>On May 25, 10:34?pm, Attila <<procho...@here.now> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 May 2011 16:19:05 -0700 (PDT),NeoLibertarian
>> <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
>> <c96ab058-beb6-4b24-9dbe-79e5e6d3c...@d28g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>
>> wrote:

>> >My rights don't come from my Constitution.
>>
>> Oh? ?Where do they come from? ?How are they enforced?
>
>They don't "come from."
>
>They can be earned, but not "enforced."
>
>At best, a law can only protect your rights. And most laws aren't very
>good at that, either.

If they are not legally defined and enforced they are useless.
--
Pro-Choice is Pro-Freedom

Every illegal alien is a criminal.
No amnesty or work permit under any name or for any reason.
Deportation upon identification as the only option.

Support H.R. 1940: Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007
Support Senate Joint Resolution 6
Support extending Arizona law to every other state.

Religion is the worst monstrosity ever fostered upon the
human species. Only mental defectives would pay the
slightest attention to it.

Why should any religion be considered a foreign nation
with Ambassadors and diplomatic immunity?

Michael Vick should be stripped naked and put in a pit
with at least a dozen of his dogs.

Attila <

On Thu, 26 May 2011 19:09:42 -0700 (PDT), NeoLibertarian
<cognac756@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
<e20e38c1-16fd-475e-8b3c-54f4b0000d43@l18g2000yql.googlegroups.com>
wrote:

>On May 26, 3:23?pm, SkyEyes <skyey...@cox.net> wrote:

>> > My rights don't come from my Constitution.
>>
>> Sure they do. ?That's why you don't have them when, as an American,
>> you go to other countries. ?You have only the rights that the other
>> country's law *says* you have.
>
>Countries don't "take away rights," nor do they bestow them.
>
>You can enslave a man, but you can't take away his right to be free.

Oh? Exactly where can this right be found?
--
Pro-Choice is Pro-Freedom

Every illegal alien is a criminal.
No amnesty or work permit under any name or for any reason.
Deportation upon identification as the only option.

Support H.R. 1940: Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007
Support Senate Joint Resolution 6
Support extending Arizona law to every other state.

Religion is the worst monstrosity ever fostered upon the
human species. Only mental defectives would pay the
slightest attention to it.

Why should any religion be considered a foreign nation
with Ambassadors and diplomatic immunity?

Michael Vick should be stripped naked and put in a pit
with at least a dozen of his dogs.

thomas p.

> On Wed, 25 May 2011 16:19:05 -0700 (PDT),NeoLibertarian
>> <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
>> <c96ab058-beb6-4b24-9dbe-79e5e6d3c...@d28g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>
>> wrote:

>> >My rights don't come from my Constitution.
>>
>> Oh? Where do they come from? How are they enforced?
>
>They don't "come from."

You are avoiding the question. If they exist independently of any law or
belief, they must exist objectively. They must come from some source, but
you now say that they don't.

>They can be earned, but not "enforced."
>
>At best, a law can only protect your rights. And most laws aren't very
>good at that, either.

And you are not very good at telling us what the source of these rights are,
or where they are if they are not beliefs represented by laws.

pnyikos

On May 25, 6:02 am, Attila <<procho...@here.now> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:38:10 -0700 (PDT), NeoLibertarian
> <cognac...@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
> <6a7dcdd4-0515-4fb2-8de0-803eeda06...@x3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>
> wrote:
>
> >We're specifically discussing the right to life of human beings.
>
> Please give me a specific reference to exactly where such a right can
> be found.

In the Declaration of Independence, and therefore implicit in the
Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution.

Peter Nyikos