Re: Ruby in the enterprise...

Jamis Buck

11/14/2004 5:03:00 PM

Wood, Jeff wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I'm looking for a couple of things... But I figured the wealth of intelligence here could very easily help me figure them out.
>

> #1 I am looking for a networking toolkit like Twisted (for Python) for use with Ruby.

No one single solution that I know of. But Ruby has a web server
(WEBrick), several different generic RDBMS interfaces (Ruby/DBI, etc.)
and DRb as an object broker (plus several others, though DRb comes
standard with Ruby). However, I don't know of anything that binds all
these things together into one package like it seems Twisted does.

> #2 Can anybody state any enterprise level applications that are built in Ruby? I'm trying to convince others of the power and usefulness that Ruby can/could have (for them, I already see/use it), but since all they care about is "Yeah, well show me where somebody is using it at enterprise-scale" ... So, I figured I'd ask.

Basecamp comes to mind: http://www.base....

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck