I'm dizzied by the selection... can someone recommend a blog tool?

Sam Roberts

11/13/2004 4:54:00 PM

There's half-a-million (almost) on the RAA.

I want something I run locally, that generates static html that I can
then upload to my server.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Sam

4 Answers

Gavin Sinclair

On Sunday, November 14, 2004, 3:54:11 AM, Sam wrote:

> There's half-a-million (almost) on the RAA.

> I want something I run locally, that generates static html that I can
> then upload to my server.

> Any suggestions?

Hobix does just that; sounds like it's worth a try.

Gavin

Eric Hodel

Sam Roberts (sroberts@uniserve.com) wrote:

> There's half-a-million (almost) on the RAA.
>
> I want something I run locally, that generates static html that I can
> then upload to my server.
>
> Any suggestions?

ZenWeb, it is a SiteMap based tool that generates great navigation for
your pages and has a very powerful metadata model.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://se...
All messages signed with fingerprint:

Kaspar Schiess

Sam Roberts <sroberts@uniserve.com> wrote in news:20041113165403.GA3966
@ensemble.local:

> I want something I run locally, that generates static html that I can
> then upload to my server.

Hello Sam,

I find deplate (deplate.sf.net) to work most advantageously for me.
Combined with the Viki VIM plugin, it's just perfect (for some
applications).

kaspar

hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby

--
kaspar

hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby

tony summerfelt

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 06:22:46 +0900, you wrote:

>Sam Roberts <sroberts@uniserve.com> wrote in news:20041113165403.GA3966
>@ensemble.local:
>
>> I want something I run locally, that generates static html that I can
>> then upload to my server.

tkblog is a standalone, cross-platform blogging tool.

it has built in ftp, but you could disable it if you wanted to upload
manually...

it's what i use ('cause i wrote it :)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~ts...

you want the tkblog or downloads link. there's a windows binary, but
the source is probably easier to work with...i'm in the process of
porting it to ruby
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ts...
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org