libgmail

Elias Athanasopoulos

11/13/2004 3:54:00 PM

Hello!

Is anybody working on providing Ruby bindings for GMail (like
the libgmail Python package)?

Regards,
--
University of Athens I bet the human brain
Physics Department is a kludge --Marvin Minsky

3 Answers

Ivan Vodopiviz

that would be grear indeed!

--
BlueSteel | | Merkoth

Michael DeHaan

"The libgmail project is a pure Python binding to provide access to
Google's Gmail web-mail service."

Why call it libgmail if there is not actually a file called
"libgmail"? I was all set to write a Ruby/DL binding to it. Ah
well.

--MPD

Elias Athanasopoulos

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 03:05:16AM +0900, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> "The libgmail project is a pure Python binding to provide access to
> Google's Gmail web-mail service."
>
> Why call it libgmail if there is not actually a file called
> "libgmail"? I was all set to write a Ruby/DL binding to it. Ah
> well.

There is actually a libgmail.py, which you import to your
Python scripts and let's you have Gmail fun.

From a quick look, it's almost straight forward to implement
such a thing in Ruby. The only thing it does is to open
certain URIs, compliant with the Gmail API.

Regards,