URGENT - Copy project to web server - Project does not work !!!! Help Help Help !!!

(The Fantom)

6/21/2002 10:07:00 AM

Howdee,

I have a project in asp.net which works fine on my local machine, but
when I copy it to the main web server (full directory using Project -
Copy Project ) I get the following error :

ERROR [08001] [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database
server: unable to start database engine ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC
Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC
behavior that the application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr).

Whats going on ? I'v installed the same ODBC drivers and everything
works fine on my local machine. I can't figure out what to look for
!!!

Please Help Me. This is very urgent !!
3 Answers

(Nam Kang)

If you are using ODBC to connect in your asp pages you may want to test the
DSN first. Make sure the DSN works and then create a simple ASPX page and
see if the connection works with the ODBC DSN. If this fails then we know
its a problem with the components on your computer. Verify that ADO works
properly. Is there a difference in OS on the machine that is failing? Do
you have the framework installed? Do you have the interop adodb.dll
installed on the machine?

Hope that helps,
Nam

(Nam Kang)

You can copy and paste the adodb.dll assembly into your project bin
directory. The framework does not install the adodb.dll PIA. You have to
include it in your deploy project or manually copy it.

Here is an article on the PIA.

Q318559 INFO: Using Primary Interop Assembly for ADO (ADODB) in VS .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q31...

Hope that helps,
Nam

(The Fantom)

How do I install the Interop Assemblies on the Web Server. They appear
to be installed on my local machine but not on the sever(The .net
frame work is installed).