Problem accessing Foxpro 2.0 Table with ODBC.NET

Jayesh Patel

6/11/2002 4:33:00 AM

Hi All,

I have ASP.NET application using ODBC.NET Visual Foxpro ODBC driver to
access foxpro 2.0 DOS tables. Everything works just fine on the Development
Machine. But when I tried to install it at client site, the same code and
dbf files tell me that "Cannot open file".

To investigate it further, I converted all these tables into VFP format by
putting them under VFP 6.0 DBC and everything works just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jayesh

1 Answer

(Nam Kang)

Jayesh,

The only supported way to work with Fox files in .NET is with the VFP OLEDB
provider. It is shipped with VFP 7.0.

Hope that helps,
Nam