Steven Alexander

6/18/2002 2:39:00 PM

Please,
someone can help me? i'm starting with asp.net for mobile

I have:
Framework .NET
Mobile Internet Toolkit + Update Device
Microsoft Mobile Explorer
Nokia Mobile Intenet ToolKit
My IIS already have MIME of wap.

When i request my page (in asp.net) with MME its work
without problem, but its HTML. When i try the wsp (and not
http) in request, a problem with gateway comes.
In Nokia Mobile Toolkit, the page dont open in my machine.

What is wrong?! I forgot something?!
Thanks
2 Answers

Oliver Leamy

I think the problem that you have is because you are
trying to open the .ASP file by the Nokia program. Nokia
can only read the HTML (like the phone that it is trying
to emulate).

What you need to do is set up the WEB address (url) of
you .NET project in the bookmarks section of the nokia
program. Select the bookmark and click GO. The server
will then serve out the html data to the nokia program to
interperet.

Steven Alexander

Well, asctually i want the nokia toolkit open WMLs page.
In my office it's work fine, when i use Nokia Toolkit the
page is converted to WML. But in my home no.
But (in my home) if i access the page on the internet,
its work fine (WML).

Example:
http://www.ruainternet.com.b... (OK - Open the
page in WML format)
http://localhost/testeMobile.aspx (NOT OK - take a long
long time and nothing happens).

I dont know what is wrong. Do i need Gateway WAP to work
in localhost?!