Steven Alexander

5/29/2002 4:16:00 AM

Someone help me, please. I'm new in this area (Mobile).

I have:

.NET Framework

Mobile Internet Toolkit + Device Update

Microcoft Mobile Explorer

Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit

When i create asp.net page, open without problem in Mobile Explorer (HTML),
but i want to return WML code. Ok, i try to use the Nokia Mobile Internet
Toolkit (is on the list of the Device Emulator in Microsoft's site), but an
error comes: "An internal gateway error prevents the gateway from fulfilling
your request". I order emulator (Openwave SDK,Wap) the error is: "Can´t read
the contentType text/html", asp.net doesn't detect the best language to
render?!

I forgot something?! What is wrong?!

My IIS already have the contentType of wml pages.

Thanks
Someone speak portuguese here?!
--

______________________________
Steven David D Alexander

1 Answer

Frank Tse [MS]

Hi Steven,

When you created the ASP.NET page, did you actually create a Mobile Web Form
page? If ASP.NET page was created, it would always return HTML to browsers.
But if the page was a Mobile Web Form page, the page should return
appropriate markup according to the markup supported by the browser.

There are quickstart samples for Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit provided
through the installation (and can be accessed through the Start menu). You
can take a look at the sample there to learn how to create Mobile Web Form
page. Also, you can try to use different emulators to check out the
quickstart pages to verify if they are working properly.

For the content type, you should not have to do any configuration if you
just want to have Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit pages to be browsed by
the emulators.

If still having the problem, can you please post your page so it can be
investigated further?

Thanks,
Frank
rights."