Oliver Leamy

6/15/2002 11:15:00 AM

When using the PhoneCall object, I have not been able to
get the Nokia 6310 GPRS phone to launch the dialler and
make a phone call.

When looking at the me.Device.MobileDeviceModel it
returns 'Unknown' instead of 6310. I have
installed "http://download.microsoft.com/downloa...
udioNET/Update/1.0/NT45XP/EN-US/dupdate.exe"

1. How do I get a list of phones that MMIT support, or
whether or not I have support for the 6310?

2. Has anyone got PhoneCall to work, and if so what
phones have been used?
3 Answers

Nik Kalyani

>1. How do I get a list of phones that MMIT support, or
>whether or not I have support for the 6310?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd...

MMIT installs device support in the <browserCaps> section
of your server's machine.config file. You can copy this
to your application's web.config file and tweak it to add
or change support for devices.

Oliver Leamy

Hi Nik,

Thanks for the reply. From the web page that you
referred to, it shows that the 6310 is supported in
UPDATE-1. I THINK that I have installed this update, at
least I have downloaded it and run the setup. My real
question is hoq do I now findout what phones are now
supported by the MMIT. You mentioned the WEB.CONFIG, but
that has not got the phones listed in it.

You also mentioned the machine.config, where can I find
that file?

(Andres Sanabria)

The 6310 support is added in Device Update 1.

The latest list is located at
http://www.asp.net/mobile/testeddevices.aspx?...

andreSs

rights."