Oliver Leamy

6/13/2002 10:10:00 AM

Hello Again,

I'm nearing the completion of a fairly large WAP
project. It uses a Database with 7 tables. Works
perfectly (within the limitation of mobile phones!) when
using an Access Database (.mdb) but I have not been able
to get it to work with SQL 2000.

I've tried to get down to basics to see what was going
wrong. I'm using MS Access to set up the
database/tables. I made two versions - 'old' Access
and 'new' SQL. I then wrote two very simple apps, one as
a WEB application and the other as a Mobile Web
application. The former was able to access and DataBind
both databases. The latter (the Mobile one) was only
able to bind the Sql database. I then tried using the
Northwind SQL database and the Mobile had no problem
binding to it. This would seem to indicate that I am
doing something wrong generating the SQL database. I
even tried Upsizing the existing .MBD, but the resulting
SQL version was still not accessible to the Mobile app.

SYMPTOM:
Using the data access wizzard, I can make connection to
the database, and it tests OK. But when it comes to the
SQL builder, it does not show any tables from the
database.

The above problem is frustrating. While I can probably
deploy using the .MBD, I don't think it is the proper way
forward, and I am sure it will come back to haunt me as
the app gets bigger.