Oliver Leamy

6/12/2002 12:28:00 AM

Using teh Phone Object from MMIT, is it possible to make
a phone call. In the properties there is an element for
the phone number, what else is required to make the phone
call. I seem to remember from by WML days that a URL was
required as well. Any info on this would be very much
appreciated.
5 Answers

(Andres Sanabria)

YEs The PhoneCall controls was design to provide the functionality of
dialing a number on call capable devices and be able to work like a link
for those devices that are not call capable

AndresS

You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Oliver Leamy

Thanks,

The emulator (and phone) I was using did not support the
capability. Looking for a phone and I am sure it will be
OK. Thanks.

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights
>reserved.
>
>.

Oliver Leamy

Hi Andres,

I've just bought a Nokia 6310 with GPRS. Still cannot
make a phone call. One the Mobile Web Form I've included
the 'PhoneCall' object, changed the text to reflect the
phone I want to call and put the phone number into the
PhoneNumber property. I've left all teh other properties
alone. When I browse the page, it shows the text of the
number that I want to dial but it is not active.

Any ideas?

Do I have to format the number in any special way?

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights
>reserved.
>
>.

(Andres Sanabria)

Hi:

two questions:
1) have you install device pack 1 which contain the support for that
device?
http://download.microsoft.com/download/VisualStudioNET/Update/1.0/...
US/dupdate.exe

2) could you provide the whole element of the phone call control (ex
<mobile:phone .....>))?

Thanks

AndreSS

You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Oliver Leamy

Hi Andres,

1. I have now installed the dupdate.exe, but there is no
change. Is there any way that I can detect what phones
are supported by the .NET installation on my PC?

2. Not sure if this is a question or a suggestion.
Afraid I don't quite understand what you want.

3. Using the Nokia Simulator, I tried a few different
phones. The only one that worked and simulated placing a
call was the WAP June 2000 simulator. It was detected by
the application as 'WAP Simulator'
[me.Device.MobileDevice.ToString()]. When running on the
Nokia 6310 the app detects it as 'Unknown' so I guess
that is the problem. I went back and tried the Nokia
6210 and it was detected correctly as a 6210 (however it
does not have the ability to place a call while
browsing). Any further ideas?

date/1.0/NT45XP/EN-
>US/dupdate.exe
>
>2) could you provide the whole element of the phone call
control (ex
><mobile:phone .....>))?
>
>Thanks
>
>AndreSS