Persistence framework

Imobach González Sosa

11/10/2004 8:32:00 PM

Hi all,

We're looking for a good persistence framework for Ruby. We have tried
Active Record, Vapor (too "bloat" for us; not in the bad sense),
Lafcadio, SDS Library, ... and they're right... but they didn't fit
our needs. Active Record seems to be fine, but have some drawbacks.

So, anybody knows about another good persistence framework for Ruby?

Thank you all!

4 Answers

Michael Neumann

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:31:48AM +0900, Imobach Gonzlez Sosa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're looking for a good persistence framework for Ruby. We have tried
> Active Record, Vapor (too "bloat" for us; not in the bad sense),
> Lafcadio, SDS Library, ... and they're right... but they didn't fit
> our needs. Active Record seems to be fine, but have some drawbacks.

Which drawbacks? What are your needs?

> So, anybody knows about another good persistence framework for Ruby?

There's another new one: ndb of the nitro framework:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/pr...
http://www.nave...

And of course: Tapkit (which is like SDS)

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/proje...

Regards,

Michael

gabriele renzi

Michael Neumann ha scritto:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:31:48AM +0900, Imobach Gonzlez Sosa wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>We're looking for a good persistence framework for Ruby. We have tried
>>Active Record, Vapor (too "bloat" for us; not in the bad sense),
>>Lafcadio, SDS Library, ... and they're right... but they didn't fit
>>our needs. Active Record seems to be fine, but have some drawbacks.
>

> Which drawbacks? What are your needs?
>

>>So, anybody knows about another good persistence framework for Ruby?
>

> There's another new one: ndb of the nitro framework:
>
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/pr...
> http://www.nave...

now you should look for 'Og' wich is ndb.succ :)

> And of course: Tapkit (which is like SDS)
>
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/proje...

also, kansas: http://raa.ruby-lang.org/proje...

And, btw, if you don't need a RDBMS you can always consider madeleine :)

George Moschovitis

> So, anybody knows about another good persistence framework for Ruby?

Check out the 'Og' persistence framework included in Nitro.
http://www.nave....
More specifically have a look at the Og example:
examples/og/... in the distribution.

A new considerably improved version of Nitro/Og will be released
next week.

-g.

--
www.navel.gr | tel: +30 2106898050 | fax: +30 2106898437

web appliction engine: http://www.nave...
have fun: http://...

Imobach González Sosa

Thank you for all your anwsers. Now I'll try some of them. Oh, also I
hope that soon we can send to Active Record developers the issues that
are drawbacks for us (feedback).

Thank you!