Re: Ruby Portal Community Framework?

bin liu

11/10/2004 5:46:00 AM

http://rubyforge.org/projects...
But it registered on 2004-08-27

>Hi guys -
>
>If you were to create a Slashdot-esque site in Ruby, are there any
>frameworks you would recommend?
>
>For example, You can use Plone/Zope with Python, Slashcode with Perl, ...
>
>Any experience in this area would be much appreciated!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Dion

8 Answers

Esteban Manchado Velázquez

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 02:45:45PM +0900, bin liu wrote:
> http://rubyforge.org/projects...
> But it registered on 2004-08-27

Hmmmm.... it has released no files, no webpage and no commits to CVS...
seems like vapourware :-)

Are you there, Bence? Can you tell us what is the current status for
mosquito?

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@foton.es> - http://ww...
EuropeSwPatentFree - http://EuropeSwPatentFree.his...

Dänk 666

On Feb 9, 10:35 pm, "DAVID GREENE" <david_b_gre...@verizon.net> wrote:
> <dank...@rocketmail.com> wrote...
> >On Feb 8, 3:18 pm, "DAVID GREENE" wrote...
>
> >> Although most Americans are unaware of it, George Washington, the "Father
> >> of
> >> Our Country," had more than one black ancestor in his lineage.
>
> >Care to provide a citation?
>
> Sure, Richard Leakey.  I hope that helps.

There is no evidence that the proto-humans that migrated out of Africa
were black.

dk

In article <978e2261-b891-4466-9386-235b3d88a1a9@v5g2000prm.googlegroups.com>, dank420@rocketmail.com wrote:
>On Feb 9, 10:35=A0pm, "DAVID GREENE" <david_b_gre...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> <dank...@rocketmail.com> wrote...
>> >On Feb 8, 3:18 pm, "DAVID GREENE" wrote...

>her
>>
>> >Care to provide a citation?
>>
>> Sure, Richard Leakey. =A0I hope that helps.
>
>There is no evidence that the proto-humans that migrated out of Africa
>were black.

They would still have had black ancestors. 'Cause, you know,
it's pretty close to the Sun in Africa and the guys needed all the
UV protection they could get.

DAVID GREENE

"DK" <dk@no.email.thankstospam.net> wrote:
> dank420@rocketmail.com wrote:
>>"DAVID GREENE" wrote:
>>> <dank...@rocketmail.com> wrote...

>>> Sure, Richard Leakey. I hope that helps.
>>
>>There is no evidence that the proto-humans that migrated out of Africa
>>were black.
>
> They would still have had black ancestors. 'Cause, you know,
> it's pretty close to the Sun in Africa and the guys needed all the
> UV protection they could get.

Besides, even post proto-humans migrated out of Africa.

Dave Greene

DAVID GREENE

"DAVID GREENE" <david_b_greene@verizon.net> wrote:
> "DK" <dk@no.email.thankstospam.net> wrote:
>> dank420@rocketmail.com wrote:

>>>There is no evidence that the proto-humans that migrated out of Africa
>>>were black.
>>
>> They would still have had black ancestors. 'Cause, you know,
>> it's pretty close to the Sun in Africa and the guys needed all the
>> UV protection they could get.
>
> Besides, even post proto-humans migrated out of Africa.

Although I should add, before anyone has a conniption fit, that
it has little to do with closeness to the Sun. Rather it has more to
do with flux density of solar radiation.

Dave Greene

dk

In article <foqkl.76$ac6.71@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>, "DAVID GREENE" <david_b_greene@verizon.net> wrote:
>"DAVID GREENE" <david_b_greene@verizon.net> wrote:

>>> They would still have had black ancestors. 'Cause, you know,
>>> it's pretty close to the Sun in Africa and the guys needed all the
>>> UV protection they could get.
>>
>> Besides, even post proto-humans migrated out of Africa.
>
>Although I should add, before anyone has a conniption fit, that
>it has little to do with closeness to the Sun. Rather it has more to
>do with flux density of solar radiation.

:-) LOL. You are so precise.

Dänk 666

On Feb 10, 4:34 pm, d...@no.email.thankstospam.net (DK) wrote:
> In article <978e2261-b891-4466-9386-235b3d88a...@v5g2000prm.googlegroups.com>, dank...@rocketmail.com wrote:
>
> >On Feb 9, 10:35=A0pm, "DAVID GREENE" <david_b_gre...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >> <dank...@rocketmail.com> wrote...

> >her

> >> Sure, Richard Leakey. =A0I hope that helps.
>
> >There is no evidence that the proto-humans that migrated out of Africa
> >were black.
>
> They would still have had black ancestors. 'Cause, you know,
> it's pretty close to the Sun in Africa and the guys needed all the
> UV protection they could get.

They could have been purple or orange.

DAVID GREENE

<dank420@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>On Feb 10, 4:34 pm, d...@no.email.thankstospam.net (DK) wrote:
>> dank...@rocketmail.com wrote:

>> >There is no evidence that the proto-humans that migrated out of Africa
>> >were black.
>>
>> They would still have had black ancestors. 'Cause, you know,
>> it's pretty close to the Sun in Africa and the guys needed all the
>> UV protection they could get.
>
>They could have been purple or orange.

You know, you are right! They could have been purple or orange.
In fact they could have been purple or orange and still have been
black ancestors. Just like American ancestors might not have been
American.

Dave Greene