find_executable() and pop() on Windows XP

Its Me

11/9/2004 5:01:00 AM

Is there a problem with either of these two on Windows XP (Ruby 1.8.2 rc2)

find_executable fails in an application but works in IRB.

popen() does not seem to do the right thing.

Thanks!

2 Answers

Matt Mower

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:03:33 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a problem with either of these two on Windows XP (Ruby 1.8.2 rc2)

I'm not sure which Ruby build you have. Mine is:

C:\WINDOWS>ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32]

> find_executable fails in an application but works in IRB.

I couldn't find this method. Where is it defined?

> popen() does not seem to do the right thing.

From irb I used popen to follow the example from PickAxe2 and it
seemed to work although I didn't get any input until the process had
exited which wasn't what I expected (although it may be correct).

When you say is doesn't seem to do the right thing, what were you expecting?

Regards,

Matt

nobu.nokada

At Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:03:33 +0900,
itsme213 wrote in [ruby-talk:119569]:
> Is there a problem with either of these two on Windows XP (Ruby 1.8.2 rc2)
>
> find_executable fails in an application but works in IRB.
>
> popen() does not seem to do the right thing.

Can you show mkmf.log file?

--
Nobu Nakada