Still use 'ruby-bugs' for Ruby bugs?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

11/4/2004 9:30:00 PM

Hi!

I am presently rewriting the German edition of the c.l.r FAQ using the
wiki-ish Ruby software 'deplate' (actually this is almost done). En
passent I am checking the validity of all links, thereby finding a
couple of dead links and other issues.

The most prominent problem is that the FAQ still states (quoting the
original FAQ):

> If reporting a bug, please copy (cc:) your post to
> ruby-bugs[ruby-bugs@ruby-lang.org]. This will enter your report into
> the Ruby bug database. You can browse the database
> here[http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin...].

While the inexistence of the latter can easily be checked by means of
HTTP, the former would require sending a dummy bug report. Is the above
bug-reporting procedure still usable and if what's the replacement?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt <jupp(a)gmx(d)de>
--
Messages larger than 100 KiB will be discarded *without* notification!
http://oss.erdfunkstell... German ed. of comp.lang.ruby FAQ

3 Answers

Florian Gross

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt wrote:

>> If reporting a bug, please copy (cc:) your post to
>> ruby-bugs[ruby-bugs@ruby-lang.org]. This will enter your report into
>> the Ruby bug database. You can browse the database
>> here[http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin...].
>
> While the inexistence of the latter can easily be checked by means of
> HTTP, the former would require sending a dummy bug report. Is the above
> bug-reporting procedure still usable and if what's the replacement?

I'm not sure if the above is still valid, but as far as I know the
preferred ways are ruby-core and the new bug tracker on RubyForge:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?gr...

Tom Copeland

> I'm not sure if the above is still valid, but as far as I know the
> preferred ways are ruby-core and the new bug tracker on RubyForge:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?gr...

Right on. Also, when you file a bug or patch on the RubyForge project,
an email gets sent automatically to ruby-core.

Yours,

Tom

McInnes

"brat_olin" <brat_olin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "McInnes" <mcinnes@virgin.net> wrote
>
>> Anyone who call himself a "fatso", probably never attended
>> an English Grammar or college and doesn't know that
>> the meaning of "fatso" goes far beyond of being only fatty.
>> Here, amongst us, we haven't got any former Grammar
>> of Public students, that's OK then...-;)))
>
> Co to sa ci "Grammar of Public students", p. Jozefie?

Sorry - powinno by "or"
Grammar or Public (school ) students.
I hope you can understand it now...-;)