Any generic object browser

Its Me

11/4/2004 4:44:00 PM

Is there any generic object browser that will let me interactively browse a
graph of connected objects by showing their instance variables and letting
me click through to browse?

html through webrick, or tcl, or ...

With fingers crossed ....

6 Answers

Michael Neumann

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 01:48:44AM +0900, itsme213 wrote:
> Is there any generic object browser that will let me interactively browse a
> graph of connected objects by showing their instance variables and letting
> me click through to browse?
>
> html through webrick, or tcl, or ...
>
> With fingers crossed ....

I just ported the ObjectSpaceBrowser example from Borges to Wee and
modified it a bit to be able to dive into the objects.
But not sure if it's what you need.

Regards,

Michael

Its Me

If there is a way to point it at some starting object(s) and browse through
them it could work. Is my best start to install all of wee? Where should I
look next?

Thanks

"Michael Neumann" <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote in message
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 01:48:44AM +0900, itsme213 wrote:
> > Is there any generic object browser that will let me interactively
browse a
> > graph of connected objects by showing their instance variables and
letting
> > me click through to browse?
> >
> > html through webrick, or tcl, or ...
> >
> > With fingers crossed ....
>
> I just ported the ObjectSpaceBrowser example from Borges to Wee and
> modified it a bit to be able to dive into the objects.
> But not sure if it's what you need.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

Jim Menard

itsme213 wrote:
> Is there any generic object browser that will let me interactively browse a
> graph of connected objects by showing their instance variables and letting
> me click through to browse?
>
> html through webrick, or tcl, or ...
>
> With fingers crossed ....

Sounds like a great Ruby Quiz.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm@io.com, http://www.io...

James Gray

On Nov 4, 2004, at 6:50 PM, Jim Menard wrote:

> itsme213 wrote:
>> Is there any generic object browser that will let me interactively
>> browse a
>> graph of connected objects by showing their instance variables and
>> letting
>> me click through to browse?
>> html through webrick, or tcl, or ...
>> With fingers crossed ....
>
> Sounds like a great Ruby Quiz.

I agree and I haven't seen your submission yet Jim, so... ;)

James Edward Gray II

Jim Menard

James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2004, at 6:50 PM, Jim Menard wrote:
>

>>itsme213 wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any generic object browser that will let me interactively
>>>browse a
>>>graph of connected objects by showing their instance variables and
>>>letting
>>>me click through to browse?
>>>html through webrick, or tcl, or ...
>>>With fingers crossed ....
>>
>>Sounds like a great Ruby Quiz.
>

> I agree and I haven't seen your submission yet Jim, so... ;)

It's on its way.

Jim
--

"Jim Menard" <jimm@io.com> wrote in