Sara T.

6/7/2002 11:50:00 AM

Dear Friends,

If I need to develop web services by using Microsoft Mobile Internet
Toolkit, where can I find the emulator to check the result ?

Emulator I mean mobile phone or PDA such as iPaq

Sara T.

5 Answers

Slawomir Sobczynski

> If I need to develop web services by using Microsoft Mobile Internet
> Toolkit, where can I find the emulator to check the result ?
>
> Emulator I mean mobile phone or PDA such as iPaq
>
> Sara T.

See QuickStart Tutorial installed with Mobile Internet Toolkit. It says:
"An emulator for the Pocket PC is available as part of Microsoft Embedded
Visual Tools 3.0, and is available as a free download
(http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/...)."

Slawek

Peter

Once I have the emulator running, does anyone know how I
can get it connected to my web server so that I can see
the pages I have created. The help says that you can wire
up the COM ports so that Active Sync can see the
emulator, but it doesn't say how.

Alternatively does anyone know where the Microsoft Mobile
Explorer Simulator v.2 went to. It has vanished off
Microsoft's web site.

Thanks

Peter

Bruce Daivdson

As for using the emulator, if you are running Visual
Studio then there is an option under View, Mobile Explorer
Browser which will let you run it.

(Andres Sanabria)

Using ActiveSync 3.5 and PPC 2000 i have been able to do that through the
USB port.

About the support for MME 2.0 MMIT do support MME 2.0.

About the list of emulator please check the following links

Pocket pc: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=kb;en-...
Cellular Phone:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/VisualStudioNET/Install/3.0...
-US/MME30.exe

AndreS

You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Shivani

Check up at www.dotnetforce.com

There is a lot info there you will get for the same

Regards,
Shivani~~~