How to add new line to Textview

Denis Cilliers

6/7/2002 6:47:00 PM

How do we add a newline in the textview control?

If I have a group of text that I want to seperate with a live feed as vbcr
and vbnewline have no effect
as in this code behind

Me.tvTest.Text = strIncome(1) + vbCrLf
Me.tvTest.Text = Me.tvTest.Text + strIncome(2) + vbCrLf

it comes out like this
(30.00) (4,111.40)

instead of
(30.00)
(4,111.40)

Please help

3 Answers

James

Try using "<BR/>", I think it accepts HTML tags

"Denis Cilliers" <denisjc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do we add a newline in the textview control?
>
> If I have a group of text that I want to seperate with a live feed as vbcr
> and vbnewline have no effect
> as in this code behind
>
> Me.tvTest.Text = strIncome(1) + vbCrLf
> Me.tvTest.Text = Me.tvTest.Text + strIncome(2) + vbCrLf
>
> it comes out like this
> (30.00) (4,111.40)
>
> instead of
> (30.00)
> (4,111.40)
>
> Please help

James

I wouldn't get your hopes up!! You are limited to.....

<i></i>
<b></b>

James

> Great it worked
>
> What other HTML could one use here, as this opens up a whole new idea as
> this text is inserted at run time?
>

> "James" <james_internet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Try using "<BR/>", I think it accepts HTML tags
> >
> > "Denis Cilliers" <denisjc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > How do we add a newline in the textview control?
> > >
> > > If I have a group of text that I want to seperate with a live feed as
> vbcr
> > > and vbnewline have no effect
> > > as in this code behind
> > >
> > > Me.tvTest.Text = strIncome(1) + vbCrLf
> > > Me.tvTest.Text = Me.tvTest.Text + strIncome(2) + vbCrLf
> > >
> > > it comes out like this
> > > (30.00) (4,111.40)
> > >
> > > instead of
> > > (30.00)