How to use ODBC.NET in a webservice

Poon

6/5/2002 10:12:00 PM

Hi
I am trying to use ODBC.NET in my web service code. But I
get the following error:
The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the
class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an
assembly reference?)

in this section of my code:
Line 5: using System;
Line 6: using Microsoft.Data.Odbc;
Line 7: using System.Web;
Line 8: using System.Web.Services;

I have installed the odbc_net.msi. Do I need to reference
this dll? If so, how can I set reference in a web service
page?

Thanks for your help?

Poon
1 Answer

Billy Rose

Right click on References in the project explorer and
click on "Add Reference", then find the ODBC assembly in
the list...