RDoc duplicate methods

T. Onoma

10/31/2004 2:29:00 AM

I'm getting duplicate entries for methods using RDoc. Anyone know why that
might happen?

Thanks,
T.

8 Answers

David Ross

trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

>I'm getting duplicate entries for methods using RDoc. Anyone know why that
>might happen?
>
>Thanks,
>T.

Which Ruby, which entries? I've not seen any quirks like you describe.

David Ross
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?
RPA is available from http://www.rubyar...

Hal E. Fulton

trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
> I'm getting duplicate entries for methods using RDoc. Anyone know why that
> might happen?

No, I haven't seen that. Can you diagnose further? Do the dups have anything
in common?

Hal

T. Onoma

On Saturday 30 October 2004 10:50 pm, Hal Fulton wrote:
| trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
| > I'm getting duplicate entries for methods using RDoc. Anyone know why
| > that might happen?
|
| No, I haven't seen that. Can you diagnose further? Do the dups have
| anything in common?

Hi --

So far, I've only determined that RDoc is processing some files twice. I'm not
sure what they have in common yet though. Let you know.

Thanks,
T.

T. Onoma

Okay I figured it out. It's related to the problem I reported before --I have
a number of files with odd file names that include characters like /[=?&<>]/.
I'm using the rake component to generate the rdocs, but it doesn't
quote-escape the file names when it generates the rdoc command. So it does
weird things. I had to do this for now and remove the offending files.

RDOC_INCLUDE = [ 'README', 'VERSION', 'CHANGELOG', 'TODO',
'COPYING', 'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*.rb' ]
RDOC_EXCLUDE = [ 'lib/raspberry/atom/*.rb',
'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\=*.rb',
'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\?*.rb',
'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\&*',
'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\<*.rb',
'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\>*.rb'
]

I need a real fix though.

T.

David Ross

trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

>On Saturday 30 October 2004 10:50 pm, Hal Fulton wrote:
>| trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
>| > I'm getting duplicate entries for methods using RDoc. Anyone know why
>| > that might happen?
>|
>| No, I haven't seen that. Can you diagnose further? Do the dups have
>| anything in common?
>
>Hi --
>
>So far, I've only determined that RDoc is processing some files twice. I'm not
>sure what they have in common yet though. Let you know.
>
>Thanks,
>T.

Just curious, whats the version of your Ruby -v? Is this base base
documentation, or 3rd party modules?

David Ross
--

trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

>Okay I figured it out. It's related to the problem I reported before --I have
>a number of files with odd file names that include characters like /[=?&<>]/.
>I'm using the rake component to generate the rdocs, but it doesn't
>quote-escape the file names when it generates the rdoc command. So it does
>weird things. I had to do this for now and remove the offending files.
>
>RDOC_INCLUDE = [ 'README', 'VERSION', 'CHANGELOG', 'TODO',
> 'COPYING', 'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*.rb' ]
>RDOC_EXCLUDE = [ 'lib/raspberry/atom/*.rb',
> 'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\=*.rb',
> 'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\?*.rb',
> 'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\&*',
> 'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\<*.rb',
> 'lib/raspberry/atom/**/*\>*.rb'
> ]
>
>I need a real fix though.
>
>T.

oh, so there really is a problem with every rdoc out there. heh...
Someone rather needs to make it rad the files, or ignore the files.

David Ross
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?
RPA is available from http://www.rubyar...

Dave Thomas

On Oct 30, 2004, at 21:28, trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

> I'm getting duplicate entries for methods using RDoc. Anyone know why
> that
> might happen?

Perhaps you have an older RDoc, and you have the documentation
installed twice?

Dave

Dave Thomas

On Oct 30, 2004, at 23:01, dross@code-exec.net wrote:

>> Okay I figured it out. It's related to the problem I reported before
>> --I have a number of files with odd file names that include
>> characters like /[=?&<>]/. I'm using the rake component to generate
>> the rdocs, but it doesn't quote-escape the file names when it
>> generates the rdoc command. So it does weird things. I had to do this
>> for now and remove the offending files.
> oh, so there really is a problem with every rdoc out there. heh...
> Someone rather needs to make it rad the files, or ignore the files.

No, it's a problem with Rake, as the poster indicated.

Cheers

Dave