VS.NET and mobile internet toolkit

Scott Willsey

6/4/2002 12:12:00 PM

Normally I think of myself as someone who can follow directions and
get things working. The mobile internet toolkit 1.0 is kicking my butt
and I need to get this thing working!

I am using Visual Studio.NET and have the toolkit installed on my
development server and on my workstation (the one running VS.NET).
According to my host, they have the toolkit installed on their servers
so if I can get this app compiled, it should work there.

Basically, what's happening is that any reference I try to insert in
my codebehind file (CS) to System.Web.UI.MobileControls is
unrecognized and causes a compilation error telling me that this type
or namescape does not exist in System.Web.UI. Naturally, I don't get
an option for MobileControls in the intellisense list of choices
either.

Can someone please pretend I've never touched a computer before and
list the steps needed to get VS.NET to recognize the Mobile Internet
Toolkit? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Scott
1 Answer

Scott Willsey

On Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:12:01 -0700, Scott Willsey
<hangtown@tectradev-remove-this-portion-.com> crafted the following
using only a keyboard and a mouse:

>Can someone please pretend I've never touched a computer before and
>list the steps needed to get VS.NET to recognize the Mobile Internet
>Toolkit? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Doh... Wouldn't you know it. After I finally break down and beg for
help, it is now working. To be honest, I'm not sure why either. I had
reinstalled the toolkit on my PC running VS.NET, then rebooted,
restarted VS.NET. No good. Could not reference
System.Web.UI.MobileControls.

Then I shut down VS.NET one more time, fired it up. This time I had an
option to create a mobile web form. In addition I can now reference
System.Web.UI.MobileControls in my codebehind files ("using
System.Web.UI.MobileControls").

I apologize for wasting bandwith, just wanted to let you know that for
some unknown reason, I am apparently good to go. Thanks anyway.

Scott