Re: The real Ruby vs. Python.

Abe Vionas_MailingList

10/27/2004 3:03:00 PM

wrote:

>>?I for one will not even look at
>>?a library that hasn't had a release in 2004.
>>
>?This is a very strange comment, in my opinion. ?A
library may
>?simply function as intended and thus, not need an
update.

That is true. I suppose I was exaggerating a bit. I
should've said that I won't touch a library that isn't
"stable" unless it's obviously being developed so that
it will end up at that point eventually.

>>?So, this is what it comes down to for me... Which
>>?language offers what I need in terms of libraries?
>>
>?If you're chief interest is an impressive store of
modules, I
>?seriously doubt anything tops the CPAN.

Certainly not my "chief" interest. What I want is
Ruby, with mod_ruby (or somesuch for Apache on
Windows), and a module for PostgreSQL. Yep, I think
that about covers it. However, it's like pulling teeth
to find a package that doesn't have to be compiled, if
source code even exists for windows. Ugh.

http://messenger...