Compiling ruby with readline

Ralf Müller

I'd like to compile ruby with libreadline, which is under /lib.
Removing the '#' befor the 'readline' statement in ext/Setup doen not
lead to any compilation. It just skips the readline directory.

I compiled readline on my own and installed it under $HEOM/local/lib and
then did an ./configure --with-search-path=$HOME/local/lib . Same
result: no compilation of readline.

Any hints?

THANKS
ralf (-,-)..zZ

1 Answer

Ralf Müller

Ralf Müller wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to compile ruby with libreadline, which is under /lib.
> Removing the '#' befor the 'readline' statement in ext/Setup doen not
> lead to any compilation. It just skips the readline directory.
>
> I compiled readline on my own and installed it under $HEOM/local/lib and
> then did an ./configure --with-search-path=$HOME/local/lib . Same
> result: no compilation of readline.
>

> Any hints?
>

> THANKS
> ralf (-,-)..zZ

with '--with-readline-dir=$HOME/local' everything works

sorry the entropy