Magnus

5/30/2002 10:14:00 AM

Hello!

I have the problem that when I try to access my
first "Hello World" example I always get the answer that
there is no WML content, only html/text.

What is wrong, does anyone know?

I have Visual Studio.Net , MMIT and I have tried to access
the MobileWebForm1.aspx file with different emulators,
nothing works...
4 Answers

Sean Young

You probably haven't set up your server for wml content. I had a similar
problem and went into my server (IIS) to add wml & wmlscript as MIME types.
In properties, I selected Edit under MIME Map & then added 2 new types.
File extension .wml with text/vnd.wap.wml in Content type and File extension
.wmls with content type text/vnd.wap.wmlscript

I found I had to restart my computer before IIS updated the registry. Hope
this works. I don't have much experience in IT as a whole & wap is brand new
to me. It's really cool stuff though!! Good luck.
"Magnus" <magnuslink@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I have the problem that when I try to access my
> first "Hello World" example I always get the answer that
> there is no WML content, only html/text.
>
> What is wrong, does anyone know?
>
> I have Visual Studio.Net , MMIT and I have tried to access
> the MobileWebForm1.aspx file with different emulators,
> nothing works...

Craig Deelsnyder

Check out the DeviceSpecific feature also to make sure you're outputting
WML...

"Magnus" <magnuslink@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I have the problem that when I try to access my
> first "Hello World" example I always get the answer that
> there is no WML content, only html/text.
>
> What is wrong, does anyone know?
>
> I have Visual Studio.Net , MMIT and I have tried to access
> the MobileWebForm1.aspx file with different emulators,
> nothing works...

(Andres Sanabria)

Magnus

The code i try whit is the Hello world example from the
quickstart tutorial...

could you mention
>the tool/emulator that you are using?
>
>AndreS
confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights