output cache and mobile web form problem

Laurent Allardin

5/27/2002 7:21:00 PM

Hello,

Does the Ouput cache instruction suppose to be working with the Mobile Web
Form???

Here is the instruction I have inserted in my Mobile Web Form
<%@ OutputCache Duration="604800" VaryByParam="*" VaryByCustom="browser"%>

I specified VaryByParam because I know ASP.NET mobile use query string to
move across Mobile Form.

Put since I have put this instructions, my links in my Web form does not
seem to work...

Any idea. Thanks for your help!

Laurent Allardin, MCSD
2K1Soft Solutions inc.
laurent@2k1soft.com

5 Answers

(Nathan Enright (MS))

(Nathan Enright (MS))

Laurent Allardin

I did not think about that!

Thanks for your help Nathan.

Post Backs. The
>probem has to do with Viewstate. A mobile page using
viewstate can't be
>cached. This is because viewstate on a mobile page
requires session state.
> We're planning on improving these scenarios in the next
version.

>Thanks

confers no rights.

Jerry

So is there any way to set the Cache-Control and Expiration headers of a
MobilePage? Cache behavior seems to be working on my server, but without
setting these headers I won't be able to hand off some of the load to a
proxy or AvantGo type service.

"Nathan Enright (MS)" <nathane-nospam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Update on my previous post:
>
> Caching a Mobile Form doesn't have anything to do with Post Backs. The
> probem has to do with Viewstate. A mobile page using viewstate can't be
> cached. This is because viewstate on a mobile page requires session
state.
> We're planning on improving these scenarios in the next version.
>
> Thanks

rights.

(Nathan Enright (MS))

Hi Jerry,
The Cache I was refering to was the builtin ASP.Net Output Cache. This is
different from client side browser cache.

You can still set the Cache-Control and Expiration headers using the
HttpResponse object. This is the same whether you are creating a mobile or
a regular ASP.Net form.

See the following link for info on the HttpResponse object...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
frlrfSystemWebHttpResponseMembersTopic.asp?frame=true

HTH,
Nathan