Mike Harris

5/26/2002 10:47:00 PM

I am working to learn the Mobile programming for PDA
devices. I have written the following code as a learning
excercise. When I try to retrieve the selection from the
selection list control it is either Nothing and the
selected is always -1. How do I retrieve the selected
item? Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,
SelectionList1.Items.Clear()
SelectionList1.Items.Add("Notebooks")
SelectionList1.Items.Add("Tablets")
SelectionList1.Items.Add("Pens")
SelectionList1.Items.Add("PDAs")
SelectionList1.Items.Add("Paper")
End Sub

Private Sub Command1_Click(ByVal sender As
Command1.Click
Session.Clear()
Session.Add("TextValue", TextBox1.Text)
Session.Add("SelectionValue",
SelectionList1.Selection.Text)
Me.RedirectToMobilePage("MobileWebForm2.aspx")
End Sub
Private Sub SelectionList1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal
sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles
SelectionList1.SelectedIndexChanged
Dim lindex As Long
lindex = SelectionList1.SelectedIndex
Session.Add("SelectionValue",
SelectionList1.Selection.Text)

End Sub

2 Answers

Mike Harris

Additional information that I have found:

When I statically fill the list at design time the
selection list control returns the expected values in the
selection property and the selectedindex property.

When I dynamically fill the list at run time with either
the Add of the item as shown, or with a data binding with
an arraylist the selectionlist control returns a selection
property set to nothing and selectedindex property set to -
1.

Thanks
Mike Harris

(Andres Sanabria)