msnews.microsoft.com

5/21/2002 1:29:00 PM

Anyone know whether a control has been made to convert images to wbmp format
on the fly, or if not, a dll to do the conversion?

Cheers,
Thim

3 Answers

(Joseph Croney (MSFT))

msnews.microsoft.com

Joseph,

I've got some problems getting it to work. This is what I did.

Created a C# Mobile Project in VS.Net (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dynamicimage)
Added in the DynamicImage control to the toolbox (dll located in
c:\wbmp\mobiledynamicimage)
Dragged and dropped the component (which creates the tagprefix and control)
Add in the image kppa1.jpg into the dynamicimagesource switch (image in app
root dir)
***
what comes out is 'Unable to Render Dynamic Image' in the vs.net browser.
***

My filesystem is fat32, so I can't actually set security settings for the
directories.

On compilation, I get
***
Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'MobileWebForm1'
does not exist in the class or namespace 'MobileDynamicImage.DynamicImage'
(are you missing an assembly reference?)

Line 37:
Line 38:
[System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute()]
Line 39: public class MobileWebForm1_aspx : DynamicImage.MobileWebForm1,
System.Web.SessionState.IRequiresSessionState {
Line 40:
Line 41: private static bool __intialized = false;
***

On advanced config I did this (which I tried as an alternative on a new
project)
***
<appSettings>
<add key="MobileDynamicImagePath"
value="c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dynamicimage\" />
<add key="MobileDynamicImageURL" value="http://localhost/dynamicimg/" />
</appSettings>
***
I got the same error message.

Is there any hope for me yet? :)
Cheers
Thim

(http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/ControlDetail.aspx?Control=185&...
> ).
>
> Thanks,
> Joseph Croney
>
> -----------------------------------
rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

Roslyn Lutsch

Hi there,

I've used Teraflops without a problem. You can either use it onsite or embed
it on your own site. I just type the location of the file and Teraflops
coverts it. I add the wbmp to the directory where the project resides in
inetpub/wwwroot and add it to my project. Simple, fast, easy.

http://www.teraflops...

Good luck!
Roslyn Lutsch