ODBC Connections in VS.Net

dave@qenos.com

5/21/2002 6:59:00 AM

I am having problems connecting to a DSN - that connects
to a lotus notes database.

If I use OleDB for ODBC, I am able to "see" the tables /
views within VS.net.

However, I cannot access the data ...

I am also trying to do it through an odbcConnection object
in code -

trying:
strCon="DSN=MyDSN;Server=LAL1/Servers/MyServer;Database=app
lications/MyDB.nsf;"
objConnection = New OdbcConnection(strCon)
objConnection.Open()

ERROR:
ERROR [S1000] [Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes]Unable to find path
to server
ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
SQLSetConnectAttr failed
ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver
doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the
application requested
(see SQLSetEnvAttr).

Is this a security issue???

*** extra info:
1) am using LotusSQL 3.01 ODBC driver to create the
DSN ...
this seems to be working as I can (kind-of) connect to it
using the OleDBConnection for ODBC.
2) have sorted out any access issues to the database - so
i know I do not need any password / username

*** problem:
The problem is that the Lotus ODBC Driver this DOES work
in "classic" asp and VB6 - but not in VS.net (VB.net /
ASP.Net) using ADO.Net.

Is there a work around / fix available?

If not, will there be an update patch (and when?)

2 Answers

Deimus

Hello,
From my personal experience, and please someone correct me if I am wrong:

My Informix database for instance will only accept ODBC Connections, so when
I try an OLE connection I get the same result as you.
with ODBC connections though, you will not be able to get the wizards up &
running, but it will still be okay for you to program the whole thing
manually.

Incidently I got my ODBC drivers from datadirect.
http://www....
(dont remember the exact url)

<dave@qenos.com> wrote in message
> I am having problems connecting to a DSN - that connects
> to a lotus notes database.
>
> If I use OleDB for ODBC, I am able to "see" the tables /
> views within VS.net.
>
> However, I cannot access the data ...
>
> I am also trying to do it through an odbcConnection object
> in code -
>
> trying:
> strCon="DSN=MyDSN;Server=LAL1/Servers/MyServer;Database=app
> lications/MyDB.nsf;"
> objConnection = New OdbcConnection(strCon)
> objConnection.Open()
>
> ERROR:
> ERROR [S1000] [Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes]Unable to find path
> to server
> ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
> SQLSetConnectAttr failed
> ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver
> doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the
> application requested
> (see SQLSetEnvAttr).
>
> Is this a security issue???
>
> *** extra info:
> 1) am using LotusSQL 3.01 ODBC driver to create the
> DSN ...
> this seems to be working as I can (kind-of) connect to it
> using the OleDBConnection for ODBC.
> 2) have sorted out any access issues to the database - so
> i know I do not need any password / username
>
> *** problem:
> The problem is that the Lotus ODBC Driver this DOES work
> in "classic" asp and VB6 - but not in VS.net (VB.net /
> ASP.Net) using ADO.Net.
>
> Is there a work around / fix available?
>
> If not, will there be an update patch (and when?)

msnews.microsoft.com

I'm using SQL Retriever to access informix. What version of informix are you
running. I can access my informix database fine from an EXE. but when I put
the same code in a web service I get the following error.

specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114