Richard G Smith

5/20/2002 7:10:00 PM

Hi There,

I've recently purchases VS.net and installed it after uninstalling the beta
version and all the components. I have a problem with the ODBC bits ...

I have installed MDAC 2.7 and that was fine, now I go to install
odbc_net.msi (latest version downloaded from msdn) and when the setup gets
to the end it says "Data Provider setup wizard exited prematurely" because
of an error, unfortunatly I cannot find out what that error is. I have
reinstalled the .net framework, checked and re-installed all service packs
to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be? I'm a bit desperate because
I can't compile anything now because I can't add the ODBC components into
the toolbox.

Thanks

Richie