kal

5/9/2002 9:31:00 PM

Hi

I have created a sample application to try out a simple
mobile web application. The application works fine with
Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Microsoft Mobile
Explorer Emulator. However if I copy the url used in the
mobile interner browser into a Motorola phone emulator,
the emulator reports unknown file type. If I put standard
wml pages into the same web site the phone emulator will
read those without problem. Is there something else you
have to configure to make a mobile web application work on
a emulator in this manner ?

Many Thanks

Kal
2 Answers

Craig Deelsnyder

Check out the documentation about DeviceSpecific outputting. There should
be plenty in the QuickStarts, MS docs, and online.

"kal" <pdsluk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have created a sample application to try out a simple
> mobile web application. The application works fine with
> Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Microsoft Mobile
> Explorer Emulator. However if I copy the url used in the
> mobile interner browser into a Motorola phone emulator,
> the emulator reports unknown file type. If I put standard
> wml pages into the same web site the phone emulator will
> read those without problem. Is there something else you
> have to configure to make a mobile web application work on
> a emulator in this manner ?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Kal

(Joseph Croney (MSFT))