How to secure my pages using SSL on WAP??

Theuns Holtzhausen

5/14/2002 5:02:00 AM

Hi Group.

Is there a way to have the mobile devices use a HTTPS session? I would like
to prompt the user for an ID and password, but not over HTTP

Any help, pointers/comments appreciated.

Thank you,
Theuns

2 Answers

Craig Deelsnyder

PocketIE supports SSL, and I'm pretty sure Generic IE (IE3.2) does also.
You install SSL on your server just as you do for 'normal' sites.

For other types of clients (phones, etc.), I don't know.

"Theuns Holtzhausen" <tholtz@wired-2-shop.com> wrote in message
> Hi Group.
>
> Is there a way to have the mobile devices use a HTTPS session? I would
like
> to prompt the user for an ID and password, but not over HTTP
>
> Any help, pointers/comments appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Theuns

umakant

We are also caught in the same problem. We are trying to
sort out allowing the user to authenticate over SSL on
mobile phone. Has anybody had success in this?