Failed to open xml parser com object

john

5/13/2002 11:39:00 PM

I have installed .net framework,sp1, pocketpc2002, mmit.
I can't seem to get my ppc emulator up (outside of the
development environment. I don't use any embedded
tools.) I use mmit to develop my application and would
like to test it. What am I missing? I installed msxml
4.0+sp1. But that didn't work either. Should I install
visual studio.net? I rebooted a couple of times. Nothing
works. I still get the following error "Failed to open
xml parser com object"

Thanks for your help in advance.
2 Answers

Tom Phan

I need to set WML as the default redering of my mobile web app since the
Cingular WAP gateway does not forward the UserAgent of the Ericsson T68
mobile device.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,
Tom

Joe

I know this is a (very) old message, but I just had the same problem on my pc and couldn''t find the answer online anywhere. Maybe this will help someone else.

If Visual Studio gives you this error, you need to install the XML parser from the MSXML 3.0 package. MSXML 4.0+spX doesn''t seem to include it, so you''ll need to load the deprecated version.

Here''s the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c0f86022-2d4c-4162-8fb8-66bfc12f32b0&Disp...

I don''t think installing this after installing MSXML v4.0 hurts anything, but it woiuldn''t hurt to reinstall v4.0 just in case.

Good Luck

-- joe

Message sent from http://www....