The type or namespace 'Data' does not exist!!!!

Billy Myers

5/13/2002 4:46:00 AM

I keep getting this error everytime I go to compile my application in c#.

The type or namespace 'Data' does not exist.

I can get it to compile if I include the file Microsoft.Data.Odbc as a
compiler parameter but I would rather have it identify the namespace so I do
not need the compiler option. ( I believe this requires adding it to the
global assembly cache ). Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem!!!

1 Answer

Scott Billsborough

You need to create a bin folder in the root folder of your application and
copy the Microsoft.Data.Odbc.dll into it.
\sampleapp\bin\Microsoft.Data.Odbc\Microsoft.Data.Odbc.dll

Scott