RDoc template repository?

djberg96

10/27/2004 4:26:00 AM

Hi all,

After the help from Jamis Buck (thanks Jamis!) with regards to RDoc
templates, I managed to whip up my own the way I like it.

That had me thinking - is there a place we can submit templates?
Perhaps a place where we could put screenshots as well so people could
see the look and feel?

Or, Dave, should we just submit them to you?

What do folks think?

Regards,

Dan
3 Answers

Jamis Buck

Daniel Berger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After the help from Jamis Buck (thanks Jamis!) with regards to RDoc
> templates, I managed to whip up my own the way I like it.
>
> That had me thinking - is there a place we can submit templates?
> Perhaps a place where we could put screenshots as well so people could
> see the look and feel?
>
> Or, Dave, should we just submit them to you?
>
> What do folks think?

Although I think it would be cool for rdoc itself to have more templates
available by default, I also like the idea of a repository. +1. Sounds
like another rails project, in fact. :) If only my ISP supported fastcgi
so that I could deploy rails apps and have them perform reasonably. *sigh*

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3@email.byu.edu

James Britt

Jamis Buck wrote:

> Although I think it would be cool for rdoc itself to have more templates
> available by default, I also like the idea of a repository. +1. Sounds
> like another rails project, in fact. :) If only my ISP supported fastcgi
> so that I could deploy rails apps and have them perform reasonably. *sigh*

Why not bundle them in a RubyForge project?

James

Dave Thomas

On Oct 26, 2004, at 23:29, Daniel Berger wrote:
> That had me thinking - is there a place we can submit templates?
> Perhaps a place where we could put screenshots as well so people could
> see the look and feel?

Perhaps a section of RubyGarden would be a good start. Have a page for
the index, then subpages, each containing a screenshot, and links to
the template source and contact details for the author.

Cheers

Dave