Name Dropping

Curt Hibbs

10/27/2004 3:18:00 AM

I'm in the final leg of preparing for a presentation I'm giving on Friday to
Java programmers on Rails. At one point in the presentation, I need to
mention the names of a few well known (in our industry) people who are also
Ruby enthusiasts.

Dave Thomas is an obvious pick. Anyone familiar with XP would also recognize
Ron Jefferies. Who else can you suggest?

Thanks,
Curt

17 Answers

Jamis Buck

Curt Hibbs wrote:
> I'm in the final leg of preparing for a presentation I'm giving on Friday to
> Java programmers on Rails. At one point in the presentation, I need to
> mention the names of a few well known (in our industry) people who are also
> Ruby enthusiasts.
>
> Dave Thomas is an obvious pick. Anyone familiar with XP would also recognize
> Ron Jefferies. Who else can you suggest?

I believe Martin Fowler is also a Rubyist.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3@email.byu.edu

Hal E. Fulton

Curt Hibbs wrote:
> I'm in the final leg of preparing for a presentation I'm giving on Friday to
> Java programmers on Rails. At one point in the presentation, I need to
> mention the names of a few well known (in our industry) people who are also
> Ruby enthusiasts.
>
> Dave Thomas is an obvious pick. Anyone familiar with XP would also recognize
> Ron Jefferies. Who else can you suggest?

Paul Graham has made some positive remarks about Ruby at least.

Along with Ron, there's also Chet. I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

Have there been comments about it from Martin Fowler? I seem to remember
that, but can't confirm.

Hal

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Name Dropping"
on Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:49:00 +0900, Hal Fulton <hal9000@hypermetrics.com> writes:

|Paul Graham has made some positive remarks about Ruby at least.

We got positive comments from Paul Graham, Kent Beck, Ward Cunningham,
Doug Lea, Bjarn Stroustrap, Brad Cox, Bruce Perens and others. But
I'm not sure who is really using Ruby.

|Have there been comments about it from Martin Fowler? I seem to remember
|that, but can't confirm.

I'm pretty sure he's using it. He have mentioned Ruby a lot in his
Blog, called Bliki.

matz.

James Britt

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> I'm pretty sure he's using it. He have mentioned Ruby a lot in his
> Blog, called Bliki.

Written in Ruby (the story behind that is in the bliki somewhere).

James

vruz

> Have there been comments about it from Martin Fowler? I seem to remember
> that, but can't confirm.

Martin Fowler using Ruby:

http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/MovingAwayFro...

http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/simpl...

http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/Clo...

http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/LanguageForLearningOb...

(you will get a lot more google hits for: site:martinfowler.com ruby)

--
--- vruz

Bill Kelly

From: "James Britt" <jamesUNDERBARb@neurogami.com>
> Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>

> > I'm pretty sure he's using it. He have mentioned Ruby a lot in his
> > Blog, called Bliki.
>
> Written in Ruby (the story behind that is in the bliki somewhere).

Since both Martin Fowler and Ron Jeffries were mentioned in
this thread, it reminded me of an article on the XP list
from about a year ago, with a link to a Martin Fowler article
about Bliki and Ruby: