Instiki problems

Han Holl

10/26/2004 6:53:00 PM

(If there is another platform for instiki questions, I'll be glad to use that,
but I didn't find any).

1. If I have a page that contains: < m >
and I fetch that page, I get (lots cutted):
<form id="editForm" action="../save/eindfuncties" method="post"
onSubmit="cleanAuthorName();">
<textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px">
< m ></textarea>

This is invalid xml: The < and > in the textarea should be replaced by
entities.

2. About half the <input ... > elements in the app directory-tree are not
closed. Easy enough to fix, and apparently parsers don't care, but my app
does.

Cheers,

Han Holl

4 Answers

Han Holl

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 20:53, Han Holl wrote:

> closed. Easy enough to fix, and apparently parsers don't care, but my app

Not parsers, browsers.

Han

Han Holl

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 20:53, Han Holl wrote:
> (If there is another platform for instiki questions, I'll be glad to use
> that, but I didn't find any).
>
> 1. If I have a page that contains: < m >
> and I fetch that page, I get (lots cutted):
> <form id="editForm" action="../save/eindfuncties" method="post"
> onSubmit="cleanAuthorName();">
> <textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px">
> < m ></textarea>
I solved this, by changing edit.rhtml, line 13 to
<textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px"> <![CDATA[<%= @page.content %>]]></textarea>

No longer any parsing problems.

Cheers,

Han Holl

Han Holl

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 21:37, Han Holl wrote:

> I solved this, by changing edit.rhtml, line 13 to
> <textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px"> > <![CDATA[<%= @page.content %>]]></textarea>
>
> No longer any parsing problems.

Aaah!. No longer any parsing problems, but if I open the edit window I
see [DATA[ at the begin and ]] at the end of the textarea.

I don't see <!

Cheers,

Han Holl

Austin Ziegler

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:03:05 +0900, Han Holl
<han.holl@informationslogik.nl> wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 21:37, Han Holl wrote:
> > I solved this, by changing edit.rhtml, line 13 to
> > <textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px"> > > <![CDATA[<%= @page.content %>]]></textarea>
> > No longer any parsing problems.
> Aaah!. No longer any parsing problems, but if I open the edit window I
> see [DATA[ at the begin and ]] at the end of the textarea.
> I don't see <!

I just tested this in Ruwiki and the behaviour with <![CDATA[...]]> is
the same, at least on Mozilla. However, I don't believe that Ruwiki
exhibits the same parsing behviour that you're experiencing, because I
*think* that I do a proper entity clean in Ruwiki.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca