Runing ruby scripts on multiprocesors

Alex Martin Ugalde

10/26/2004 3:55:00 PM

Hi all,

I'm developing a little application over a multiprocesor (4 cpus),
and I would like to know if is there some kind of libraries like
Test&Set or similar.

I would like to send several tasks to each procesor, like C.

Best regards,
Alex
--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.

2 Answers

Eric Hodel

On Oct 26, 2004, at 8:54 AM, Alex Martin Ugalde wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm developing a little application over a multiprocesor (4 cpus),
> and I would like to know if is there some kind of libraries like
> Test&Set or similar.
>
> I would like to send several tasks to each procesor, like C.

Look at DRb and Rinda's TupleSpace. It has all the equivalent
functionality of Linda's TupleSpace.

Alex Martin Ugalde

Eric,

> Look at DRb and Rinda's TupleSpace. It has all the equivalent
> functionality of Linda's TupleSpace.

Thanks for your suggestion, but DRb it doesn't fit my needs.

I would like to know if Ruby provides some feature who allows me send
tasks to each procesor.

Regards,
Alex