RubyGarden: GCAndExtensions

timsuth

10/26/2004 5:19:00 AM

All the talk on the list about the RubyGarden spam reminded me to check out
the site. (So the spam is good for something!) It looks like a great
resource (it's quite "pretty").

I've replaced the page GCAndExtensions
(http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?GCAnd...)
with something I wrote recently; my page has more information than the
original (e.g. talks about "volatile").

I couldn't find who the original author was (RubyGarden appears to have lost
the older revisions), so I hope I'm not committing a terrible faux pas by
replacing their page. (This is the first time I've used a community wiki.)

So this post is for two reasons:

1) If the original author wants to complain, I can move my page elsewhere.
2) Plugging the page :-)

The only other place I found that really explained the volatile issue was a
post by nobu, so I think this will be useful to people.

--
Tim Sutherland <timsuth@ihug.co.nz>
2004 SDKACM President