irb, Fedora Core 2

Robert Love

10/26/2004 2:43:00 AM

I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?

Thanks for all pointers.
4 Answers

Ara.T.Howard

Jamis Buck

Robert Love wrote:
> I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
> ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
> part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?
>
> Thanks for all pointers.

IIRC, Fedora has a separate irb rpm you have to install. It's been a few
years since I played on a RedHat system, so I can't remember exactly
what it's called, but maybe that will be enough to point you in the
right direction?

Good luck,

Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3@email.byu.edu

Gianni Jacklone

Robert Love wrote:

>I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
>ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
>part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?
>
>Thanks for all pointers.

Sorry I'm a little late but...

yum install irb

...should do it.

Cheers,
Gianni

Robert Love

In <417E7C56.8070007@one6ix.com> Gianni Jacklone wrote:
> Robert Love wrote:
>
>>I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that
>>has ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there?
>>Is that part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get
>>just irb? Thanks for all pointers.
>>

> Sorry I'm a little late but...
>
> yum install irb
>
> ...should do it.