shell.rb documentation

Charles Comstock

10/24/2004 12:25:00 AM

Does anyone have any documentation for shell.rb? It seems quite useful,
but I can't seem to find any documentation on it. It's in the standard
library but there are no docs on it in ruby-doc.org or in the new
pickaxe II. Is there any coverage on it elsewhere? I think there is
some in the ruby way, but I was curious about any publicly available docs?

Charles Comstock
4 Answers

David Ross

Charles Comstock wrote:

> Does anyone have any documentation for shell.rb? It seems quite
> useful, but I can't seem to find any documentation on it. It's in the
> standard library but there are no docs on it in ruby-doc.org or in the
> new pickaxe II. Is there any coverage on it elsewhere? I think there
> is some in the ruby way, but I was curious about any publicly
> available docs?
>
> Charles Comstock

how soon do you need documentation? I can have a good ref page done if
you like.

David Ross
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?
RPA is available from http://www.rubyar...

Charles Comstock

David Ross wrote:
> Charles Comstock wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any documentation for shell.rb? It seems quite
>> useful, but I can't seem to find any documentation on it. It's in the
>> standard library but there are no docs on it in ruby-doc.org or in the
>> new pickaxe II. Is there any coverage on it elsewhere? I think there
>> is some in the ruby way, but I was curious about any publicly
>> available docs?
>>
>> Charles Comstock
>>

> how soon do you need documentation? I can have a good ref page done if
> you like.
>

> David Ross

I'd like it as soon as I can, but it's not essential, I can get away
without using it, just seems like it would be useful and a better
approach for some of the stuff I am currently working on.

Charles Comstock

David Ross

Charles Comstock wrote:

> David Ross wrote:
>
>> Charles Comstock wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have any documentation for shell.rb? It seems quite
>>> useful, but I can't seem to find any documentation on it. It's in
>>> the standard library but there are no docs on it in ruby-doc.org or
>>> in the new pickaxe II. Is there any coverage on it elsewhere? I
>>> think there is some in the ruby way, but I was curious about any
>>> publicly available docs?
>>>
>>> Charles Comstock
>>>

>> how soon do you need documentation? I can have a good ref page done
>> if you like.
>>

>> David Ross
>

> I'd like it as soon as I can, but it's not essential, I can get away
> without using it, just seems like it would be useful and a better
> approach for some of the stuff I am currently working on.
>
> Charles Comstock

I'll be working on core documentation for the site. Its been bothering
me because any documentation out there is pretty unclear. :P Might as
well write books the rate I'm going.

David Ross
--

David Ross wrote:

> Charles Comstock wrote:
>
>> David Ross wrote:

>>> how soon do you need documentation? I can have a good ref page done
>>> if you like.
>>>

>>> David Ross
>>

>> I'd like it as soon as I can, but it's not essential, I can get away
>> without using it, just seems like it would be useful and a better
>> approach for some of the stuff I am currently working on.
>>
>> Charles Comstock
>>

> I'll be working on core documentation for the site. Its been
> bothering me because any documentation out there is pretty unclear. :P
> Might as well write books the rate I'm going.
>
> David Ross

btw, 'the site' means my site I've setup.

David Ross