Ruby/Tk translation

bjsp123

I have made a sort of English translation of Koji Arai's RubyTk
documentation (why yes, all 200 pages and 102 footnotes). Would
anyone use this? If so, are there any suggestions on where I should
put it (maybe I should add a link to the rubygarden wiki or
something)? Or is there a translation in existance already?

Thanks,
Benjamin Peterson
6 Answers

Bob Gustafson

Sounds great. Put it up.

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:39:13 +0900, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
>Hi,
>
> I have made a sort of English translation of Koji Arai's RubyTk
>documentation (why yes, all 200 pages and 102 footnotes). Would
>anyone use this? If so, are there any suggestions on where I should
>put it (maybe I should add a link to the rubygarden wiki or
>something)? Or is there a translation in existance already?
>
>Thanks,
> Benjamin Peterson

Michael DeHaan

Absolutely -- I'm all for it.

"Mastering Perl/Tk" is in my "library" (which is a GREAT reference),
although I'd love to see quality Ruby-specific documentation.

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 01:04:25 +0900, Bob Gustafson <bobgus@rcn.com> wrote:
> Sounds great. Put it up.
>

> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:39:13 +0900, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> > I have made a sort of English translation of Koji Arai's RubyTk
> >documentation (why yes, all 200 pages and 102 footnotes). Would
> >anyone use this? If so, are there any suggestions on where I should
> >put it (maybe I should add a link to the rubygarden wiki or
> >something)? Or is there a translation in existance already?
> >
> >Thanks,
> > Benjamin Peterson

gabriele renzi

Benjamin Peterson ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have made a sort of English translation of Koji Arai's RubyTk
> documentation (why yes, all 200 pages and 102 footnotes). Would
> anyone use this? If so, are there any suggestions on where I should
> put it (maybe I should add a link to the rubygarden wiki or
> something)? Or is there a translation in existance already?

wow, thanks for this :)
I gues syou could even add it to RAA, there are quite a few tutorial listed

Hidetoshi NAGAI

vruz

> I have made a sort of English translation of Koji Arai's RubyTk
> documentation (why yes, all 200 pages and 102 footnotes). Would
> anyone use this? If so, are there any suggestions on where I should
> put it (maybe I should add a link to the rubygarden wiki or
> something)? Or is there a translation in existance already?

Rubygarden is a good place, and also ruby-doc.org
Thanks for your work,
vruz

bjsp123

I have put the translation at
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/...
with Nagai Hidetoshi's notes added to it. Share and enjoy!

Before anyone gets overexcited I must point out that the translation
was made by running rapidly down the original document translating
phrase by phrase, seldom looking back up the page, rarely stopping to
think, and never ever fixing anything. This methodology was adopted
due to time constraints.

There is thus still plenty of room for someone to produce a _real_
English Ruby/Tk reference! I will fix the most awful errors if anyone
points them out to me, though.

Thanks,

Benjamin