[ANN] DocDiff 0.3.1

Hisashi MORITA

10/21/2004 4:21:00 PM

Hello,

Let me introduce you a small utility that I wrote in Ruby.

DocDiff at RAA
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/projec...
Homepage
http://www.kt.rim.or.jp/~hisashi...
Readme
http://www.kt.rim.or.jp/~hisashi...readme.html

DocDiff compares two text files and shows the difference. It can compare
files word by word, char by char, or line by line. It has several output
formats such as HTML, tty, Manued, or user-defined markup.

It supports several encodings and end-of-line characters, including
ASCII, UTF-8, EUC-JP, Shift_JIS, CR, LF, and CRLF.

Example

% cat sample/01.en.ascii.lf
Hello, my name is Watanabe.
I am just another Ruby porter.
% cat sample/02.en.ascii.lf
Hello, my name is matz.
It's me who has created Ruby. I am a Ruby hacker.
% docdiff --wdiff sample/01.en.ascii.lf sample/02.en.ascii.lf
Hello, my name is [-Watanabe.-]{+matz.+}
{+It's me who has created Ruby. +}I am [-just another -]{+a +}Ruby [-porter.-]{+hacker.+}
%

DocDiff might be for you if...

* You have to deal with non-ASCII text such as Japanese.
* You are using wdiff but want some more output formats.

DocDiff is written in pure Ruby and runs on Unix and on Windows (tested
on Linux and on Cygwin). Debian package is also available (thanks to
Akira YAMADA).

I hope some of you find it useful.

--
Hisashi MORITA <hisashim at kt.rim.or.jp>