Re: [ANN] ruvi 0.4.12 PRERELEASE [rpa and gem]

Peña, Botp

10/20/2004 3:13:00 AM

Alexander Kellett [mailto:ruby-lists@lypanov.net] wrote:

> Subject: [ANN] ruvi 0.4.12 PRERELEASE [rpa and gem]

Anyone running ruvi on windows? I'm losing hope so I need help =)

I think I screw up the ncurses part of windows... Anyone successful and
would care to provide howto?

thanks in advance
-botp

1 Answer

Alexander Kellett

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 12:13:02PM +0900, "Pe?a, Botp" wrote:
> Alexander Kellett [mailto:ruby-lists@lypanov.net] wrote:
>
> > Subject: [ANN] ruvi 0.4.12 PRERELEASE [rpa and gem]
>
> Anyone running ruvi on windows? I'm losing hope so I need help =)

works fine with the mswin32 pdcurses package
unfortunately i could never get it working
with the one click installer. there are ncurses
bindings also and i could port it to these however
i've no longer got access to a windows machine so
i'll be unable to do this work myself. the other
option is taking a look at the gtk2 port, which
is currently unfortunately totally unoptimised
and thus fairly slow, but there are no fundamental
problems that could cause this so i guess its just
misuse of the gtk2 api. maybe you could take a look
into getting gruvi.rb running on your system?
i can then take a look into optimising this
in the near future.

cheers,
Alex