diff2html - Pretty-printing big patches

Dave Burt

10/15/2004 8:48:00 AM

I've just written a script which takes a unified recursive diff patch (ie
the kind generated by 'diff -ur ...') on standard input and writes a
side-by-side format html page to stdout, and thought someone else could
possibly find it useful.

It's at http://www.dave.burt.id.au/ruby/di...

Any feedback appreciated. Including any pointers to existing tools that do
this (I'm sure they exist).

Cheers,
Dave

2 Answers

Shashank Date

Dave,

> Any feedback appreciated. Including any pointers to
> existing tools that do this (I'm sure they exist).

Tried it ... liked it :-)

Is now part of my ruby toolbox.

Thanks,

> Cheers,
> Dave

-- shanko

http://vote...

Dave Burt

I <burtdav@hotmail.com> wrote...
> I've just written a script which takes a unified recursive diff patch (ie
> the kind generated by 'diff -ur ...') on standard input and writes a
> side-by-side format html page to stdout, and thought someone else could
> possibly find it useful.
>
> It's at http://www.dave.burt.id.au/ruby/di...
>
> Any feedback appreciated. Including any pointers to existing tools that do
> this (I'm sure they exist).

Anyone who's downloaded it, or is interested, the file has been updated with
a bug fix.
(Output was mildly broken - "<" displaying as "&lt;" and tabs not being
represented by hard whitespace).

The new version's still at http://www.dave.burt.id.au/ruby/di...

Cheers,
Dave