HELP with hard questions about Ruby's core

Roman K9

10/14/2004 5:09:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am shooting in the dark here. I have few very significant questions
regarding Ruby. It is new to me, and I cannot find sufficient help at
Barnes & Nobles. In other words HELP HELP HELP.

Here are my questions. Also I am in need of a pretty technical
details, etc.

1) How does ruby handle choice and repetition? I need to know the guts
of the choice and repetition.

2) How does ruby support branches, loops, and recursion? I am not
looking for the syntax on language. I am looking for the real detail
on how it is done behind the scenes.

3) I need to know the local flow of control and the global flow of
control. I.E. Global provisions for transfer of the control; I know
that functions do not exist in Ruby, rather a global object member is
created. I cannot find this in Intro books that I have access to. ANy
help is welcome.

4) Does ruby have a go to statement embedded in the language?

Again thank you for looking and may be even helping me out. I have
read bunch of guides and learning materials for the ruby, however, I
need some real info that is hard to find.

Sincerely,
Roman

http://www.new... The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups