Re: To all people writing BBS on Rails: let's join forces

David Ross

10/14/2004 4:16:00 PM

You weren't very helpful a month and half ago when I tried asking you where
things were located. I was trying to patch up Rails to be packaged in RPA
and failed and gave up because it was driving me crazy. I wouldn't have to
make such bad remarks if you helped or even added a tag to mark where
others need to edit for the Rails to be repackaged. I 'm *still* waiting to
use rails on my server, until then I hand code everything myself.

--dross

Original Message:
-----------------
From: David Heinemeier Hansson david@loudthinking.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:20:02 +0900
To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
Subject: Re: To all people writing BBS on Rails: let's join forces

> No thanks, I'm writing one in a framework without rails. The main
> developer is reluctant to help package it for RPA.

This is completely false. I've instructed Mauricio on how I've done the
packaging for GEMs, clarified the division between library and stubs,
AND welcomed any patches to Rails that would make it easier to package
for RPA (under the condition that it didn't disrupt the two other
packages I'm maintaining for it myself).

Please stop spreading ill will and false statements like this.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,

http://mai... .