'rake rdoc' error

T. Onoma

10/11/2004 9:34:00 PM

rdoc is reporting:

sh: line 1: =: No such file or directory
rake aborted!

Anyone seen this before? Know what might cause it?

Thanks,
T.

20 Answers

Charles Mills

I have seen this when a bash script gets saved with fileformat=dos
under vim.
The funky newlines / linebreaks mess up bash.
Using "\n" for end of line should fix.

-Charlie

On Oct 11, 2004, at 2:34 PM, trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

> rdoc is reporting:
>
> sh: line 1: =: No such file or directory
> rake aborted!
>
> Anyone seen this before? Know what might cause it?
>
> Thanks,
> T.

T. Onoma

On Monday 11 October 2004 05:51 pm, Charles Mills wrote:
| I have seen this when a bash script gets saved with fileformat=dos
| under vim.
| The funky newlines / linebreaks mess up bash.
| Using "\n" for end of line should fix.
|
| -Charlie

Thanks Charlie. I think I know what's doing it. I have some unuuals file nems
in this package like '===.rb'. The rdoc rake tool it not quoting the file
names so it bombs.

T.

Eli Grubman

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 14:42:18 +0100, Naked Gonad
<bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Eli Grubman wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:00:52 +0100, Naked Gonad
>> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Nothing to worry about!!!?? Thousands more are losing their homes who
>>> can't afford their mortgages.
>>
>> Such people shouldn't have bought in the first place.
>>
>>> Unemployment is rising exceedingly fast.
>>
>> That will keep wage inflation down
>>
>>> A couple of million pensioners can't afford to heat their homes etc.
>>
>> Let them eat cake, as Marie Antoinette once said.
>>
>>> Is your head in the sand, or what?
>>
>> In the sand, and on the beach!
>>
>Just waggle your tail and a Lifeguard will find you.

Pamela Anderson?

Naked Gonad

Eli Grubman wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 14:42:18 +0100, Naked Gonad
> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Eli Grubman wrote:

>>> Such people shouldn't have bought in the first place.

>>> That will keep wage inflation down

>>> Let them eat cake, as Marie Antoinette once said.

>>> In the sand, and on the beach!
>>>
>> Just waggle your tail and a Lifeguard will find you.
>
> Pamela Anderson?

I said a lifeguard not a lifeslut!

Eli Grubman

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:34:25 +0100, Naked Gonad
<bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Eli Grubman wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 14:42:18 +0100, Naked Gonad
>> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Just waggle your tail and a Lifeguard will find you.
>>
>> Pamela Anderson?
>>
>I said a lifeguard not a lifeslut!

Oops. I made a booboo.

Naked Gonad

Eli Grubman wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:34:25 +0100, Naked Gonad
> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Eli Grubman wrote:

>>> Pamela Anderson?
>>>
>> I said a lifeguard not a lifeslut!
>
> Oops. I made a booboo.

How do you make them?

Eli Grubman

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:48:30 +0100, Naked Gonad
<bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Eli Grubman wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:34:25 +0100, Naked Gonad
>> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I said a lifeguard not a lifeslut!
>>
>> Oops. I made a booboo.
>>
>How do you make them?

Legs apart and let fly.

Naked Gonad

Eli Grubman wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:48:30 +0100, Naked Gonad
> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Eli Grubman wrote:

>>> Oops. I made a booboo.
>>>
>> How do you make them?
>
> Legs apart and let fly.

But don't try it at home.

Eli Grubman

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:02:55 +0000, Naked Gonad
<bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Eli Grubman wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:48:30 +0100, Naked Gonad
>> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>>> How do you make them?
>>
>> Legs apart and let fly.
>>
>But don't try it at home.

That's what they tell you on TV.

Naked Gonad

Eli Grubman wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:02:55 +0000, Naked Gonad
> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Eli Grubman wrote:

>>> Legs apart and let fly.
>>>
>> But don't try it at home.