debian ruby-dev for 1.8?

Bob Sidebotham

10/10/2004 5:35:00 PM

Is there a debian package for ruby 1.8 that's equivalent to the ruby-dev
package for 1.6? I can't find it. I get:

ruby-dev: Depends: libruby (= 1.6.7-3woody3) but 1.8.1-8 is to be
installed
E: Broken packages

What I actually need is a version of mkmf.rb. Given that there doesn't
seem to be a package including this, what's the "right" way to lift it
from the ruby 1.8 distribution and install it? Of course, there may be
other files, too, that are included in ruby-dev that should be installed...

Thanks,
Bob
2 Answers

Roeland Moors

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 02:39:52AM +0900, Bob Sidebotham wrote:
> Is there a debian package for ruby 1.8 that's equivalent to the ruby-dev
> package for 1.6? I can't find it. I get:

> ruby-dev: Depends: libruby (= 1.6.7-3woody3) but 1.8.1-8 is to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages

ruby1.8-dev ?

--
Roeland

Bob Sidebotham

Roeland Moors wrote:

> ruby1.8-dev ?

Umm. Yes. That works. I had searched for mkmf.rb on packages.debian.org,
but I didn't notice I was only searching stable...

Thank you!
Bob