Installing Alph (Flash/Actionscript on Ruby), Help!

Abe Vionas_MailingList

10/10/2004 2:58:00 AM

 So, I ran across this guy who's trying to make it so the flash VM
 can interoperate with Ruby, and since that'd be a pretty freakin
 powerful/flexible combination I thought I'd see what it was all
 about. However, I can't even get it installed. It doesn't have an
 install.rb in the package so I just extracted it to C:\Ruby... but
 it doesn't seem to work so I must have to do something else? Help!
 Regards, Abe

2 Answers

Ben Giddings

Abe Vionas wrote:
> So, I ran across this guy who's trying to make it so the flash VM
> can interoperate with Ruby, and since that'd be a pretty freakin
> powerful/flexible combination I thought I'd see what it was all
> about. However, I can't even get it installed. It doesn't have an
> install.rb in the package so I just extracted it to C:\Ruby... but
> it doesn't seem to work so I must have to do something else? Help!
> Regards, Abe

This does sound interesting. Who made the package? Where can you find
it? I'd really be interested in a replacement for Actionscript.

Ben

Chad Fowler

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:39:40 +0900, Ben Giddings
<bg-rubytalk@infofiend.com> wrote:

> Abe Vionas wrote:
> > So, I ran across this guy who's trying to make it so the flash VM
> > can interoperate with Ruby, and since that'd be a pretty freakin
> > powerful/flexible combination I thought I'd see what it was all
> > about. However, I can't even get it installed. It doesn't have an
> > install.rb in the package so I just extracted it to C:\Ruby... but
> > it doesn't seem to work so I must have to do something else? Help!
> > Regards, Abe
>
> This does sound interesting. Who made the package? Where can you find
> it? I'd really be interested in a replacement for Actionscript.

Rich Kilmer. http://alph.rub.... It bridges flash and ruby
(and Java in this case). Did you try the instructions here:
http://alph.rub.../wiki/wiki.pl

Chad